The first worship service of the Rose Hill Baptist Church took place on November 18, 1900 on the second floor of Jacob Carr's store building in downtown Rose Hill. The Rose Hill United Methodist Church inivited this new Baptist group to use their building on teh third Sunday afternoon until a bulding could be erected. J.C. Mallard donated the land upon which the church building was completed in 1903.
In 1939 the Church began investigating the need for a new building and 1944 saw the electing of a bulding committee. The foundation for the building was started in August 1947 and the cornerstone for our present building was set November 23, 1949.
From a humble beginning with twenty-five committed worshippers, Rose Hill Baptist Church has made an invaluable contribution to the community as well as the world. God has truly shown Himself to be faithful. It continues to be the mission of Rose Hill Baptist to proclaim to all the world the saving grace found in our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
1900-1901 J.B. Harrell 1944-1953 J.V. Case
1901-1903 A.L. Batts 1953-1959 J.M. Motely
1903-1905 W.N. Johnson 1960-1967 H.R. Williams
1905-1906 J.T. Albritton 1969-1975 J.W. Allen
1906-1908 J.M. Alderman 1976-1991 J.D. Kinlaw
1908-1913 J.M. Page 1992-1994 A.D. Benton
1913-1917 B.C. Early 1995-1997 L.M. Bowling
1917-1921 J.H. Booth 1998-2007 G.D. Beck
1921-1927 A.L Brown 2007-2008 B. Dempsey
1927-1930 F.L. Israel 2008-2013 B.T. Herrmann
1930-1939 J.H. Barnes 2015- M.D. Maragelis
1939-1943 J.L. Jones